About KiwiSaver

Learn whether you may qualify for a government contribution to your KiwiSaver account

Government contribution

Did you know that for every $1 you contribute into your Aon KiwiSaver Scheme account each year (up to $1,042.86), the government could contribute 50c? That works out to $521.43 each year that you could be missing out on. So make sure you get your share - every little bit counts!

To receive the maximum government contribution (also known as member tax credit) for the year to 30 June, you may need to top up your account.  
To be eligible to receive the maximum contribution of $521.43 you need to:

  • have been a member of a KiwiSaver scheme for the entire year; and
  • be 18 or over; and
  • have contributed at least $1,042.86 yourself over the year (1 July to 30 June); and
  • meet the mainly reside in New Zealand requirement; and
  • be under 65, or if you joined KiwiSaver after age 60, but prior to 1 July 2019, have less than 5 years of KiwiSaver membership (and have not elected to make a retirement withdrawal).

If you have joined KiwiSaver during the year or turned 18 during the year you will receive a portion based on the part of the year you were eligible and the amount you have contributed. 

How to find out if you've contributed enough

You can check if you may need to make additional contributions to get the maximum amount from the government, by logging in to your Aon KiwiSaver Scheme account. If you haven't logged into your account before you'll need your member number to register – if you don't know your member number contact us and we can help you out.  

Login in to your account

How to make additional contributions 

We need to have received any additional contributions by mid June each year so we can claim your government contribution. You can top up your account in a few simple ways:

  • by online banking payment directly to the Scheme – set up the Aon KiwiSaver Scheme as a new payee and then make a payment
  • by online payment to Inland Revenue – use the ‘Pay Tax’ or ‘Pay IRD’ option and choose ‘KSS’ for the tax type.

In July each year we submit a claim to the government on behalf of all eligible members and the extra contribution will hit your KiwiSaver account soon after that.

If you need any assistance just contact our Aon KiwiSaver Scheme helpdesk by email or calling 0800 266 463, and we'll be glad to help you out.

Get in touch
Aon KiwiSaver Scheme
Administration 0800 266 463